NGWALE Says “INCLUDE Us In Govt BUSINESS ALSO”

A SENIOR blind citizen has urged government to seriously work towards improving representation of physically challenged persons in the country’s governance system.
Elijah Ngwale has told QFM that the appointments made so far by President Michael Sata fall short of fair representation of people with disabilities.
Mr. Ngwale adds that government should have appointed a representative of people with special needs on the constitution technical committees.
The human rights activist has argued that the appointment of the justice ministry permanent secretary Patricia Jere to the committee does not make any difference to the physically challenged because her appointment was based on the fact he is permanent secretary in the ministry of justice.
He adds that it would have been better if the president had considered another physically challenged person other than Ms. Jere to fully represent persons with special needs in the country.
And Mr. Ngwale commended the PF government for unearthing some scandals involving former government leaders.
But Mr. Ngwale has expressed disappointment by the government failure within 90 days to take corrective measures aimed at improving efficiency in the civil service.

Posted by on December 31, 2011. Filed under LATEST NEWS. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

16 Responses to NGWALE Says “INCLUDE Us In Govt BUSINESS ALSO”

1. Uko Reply

December 31, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Why are black females ashamed of their natural hair?

2. kalulete Reply

December 31, 2011 at 6:39 pm

its true ka

3. twiumfwako Reply

December 31, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Because it makes them look ukushishita.

4. Blaise Reply

December 31, 2011 at 6:52 pm

BUT CHI MUDALA CHI NGWALE KUTI CHABOMBA NANGU BU P.S FYE

5. atm Reply

December 31, 2011 at 7:38 pm

We are all one in the imagine of God. Education is the only key to the problems faced by our brothers and sisters. Most of the ngos involved in sponsoring students pay keen interest to them. My appeal to them is to concentrate on education rather than waiting for crooks like politicians to help them. I know a lot who are doing very fine. May my God bless them and a happy new near to them.

6. luwingu province Reply

December 31, 2011 at 8:46 pm

shikulu ba ngwale; mwapolenipo mukwai. Shikulu uli mukankala sana mu mano..musendame umutende.

7. Sunta sunkutu Reply

December 31, 2011 at 8:58 pm

…Ok, iyi impofu..emm…let me stop…kuti uletuka empofu kanshi mungeli.

8. Kwashamukwenu Reply

December 31, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Elijah was my school mate at munali. He was such a cheeky bastard. One time I tried to warn him as he smoked under a mango tree near maybin house.I told hom he was in the open and Mr Legg would punish him but he told me to go to hel. He was eventually punished together with Cecil Homes. He is a good guy despite his handicap!

9. C 5 Reply

December 31, 2011 at 9:53 pm

BA NGWALE NAIMWE IKALENIFYE UKO, WT ABT THAT WOMAN ON THE WHEEL CHAIR WHO WAS APOINTD? KANO NGA EBO? BUKALA BWENU MANJE

10. kalulete Reply

January 1, 2012 at 1:09 am

guys change 2012 is another year i myself i have stoped ubu_ule no insults but beer drinking i don’t tthink if i’l stop cos for several tyns i have been saying have stoped but i don’t. chikalabwamba happy new year together with jerabo

11. Uko Reply

January 1, 2012 at 1:53 am

@Kalulete some people stop drinking forever, other for some years years. Me,I quit every day when I stop drinking for some hours

12. atm Reply

January 1, 2012 at 7:54 am

@ uko. My self I stop everytime I have a serious HO and start immediately I recover. I wish I could have a serious HO for a year so that I can stop for a year. I am on a six months break starting 27.12.11. God help me

13. MaxMbizo Reply

January 1, 2012 at 9:08 am

Ba Ngwale,

Finshi mukachita tamumona no kumona. You can’t even read what I have written. Just accept that there are limitations if you are handicapped. There are things you are capable of and others you are not capable of regardless of whether you are handicapped or not. No pun intended.

14. Uko Reply

January 1, 2012 at 12:21 pm

@Ba Ngwale I have no comment mudala. I had a strong feeling that someone was going to say it. And you did. Hapi Nu Year bose

15. Watchman over Watchdog-Galileo Galilei is back! Reply

January 2, 2012 at 6:49 am

I think he is right. A blind say nominated to parliament. Kaunda nominated one at one time. The guys are shameless when it comes to speech. May be a judge. We need to identify young, intelligent and wise handicapped individuals to nurture for leadership. Just to offer inspiration as they say that disability is not inability. I see sign language incorporated in the news for the deaf. What about the teaching of brail? Is it still there? Are there computers with brail keyboard-no monitor of course (nanga kuona chani) – for the blind? I want to pose a challenge to Zambian and African inventors to develop a brail keyboard (computer) which can work with a normal monitor to display this alphabet (converted). I would like to see a social media site and news site where the blind post their ideas. But how do they read? Another “invention” Zambians. A monitor-screen actually which pops up brail writing and the guys can touch and read. Bingo! Anso iyo reading monitor, board or pad-whatever you can call it kuti ilelamba ukwikata ikata pa kubelenga. Alternatively. The computer converts brail postings into audio. So that the blind put headphones to hear responses and they type brail to reply. What about that? For the Japanese iyi ni poridge. But bushe eko fyaba ifi?

16. Watchman over Watchdog-Galileo Galilei is back! Reply

January 2, 2012 at 6:59 am

I think he is right. A blind can be nominated to parliament. Kaunda nominated one at one time. The guys are shameless when it comes to speech. May be a judge. We need to identify young, intelligent and wise handicapped individuals to nurture for leadership. Just to offer inspiration as they say that disability is not inability. I see sign language incorporated in the news for the deaf. What about the teaching of brail? Is it still there? Are there computers with brail keyboard-no monitor of course (nanga kuona chani) – for the blind? I want to pose a challenge to Zambian and African inventors to develop a brail keyboard (computer) which can work with a normal monitor to display this alphabet (converted). I would like to see a social media site and news site where the blind post their ideas. But how do they read? Another “invention” Zambians. A monitor-screen actually which pops up brail writing and the guys can touch and read. Bingo! Anso iyo reading monitor, board or pad-whatever you can call it kuti ilelamba ukwikata ikata pa kubelenga. Alternatively. The computer converts brail postings into audio. So that the blind put headphones to hear responses and they type brail to reply. What about that? For the Japanese iyi ni poridge. But bushe eko fyaba ifi?