Kay Figo Loses Cases, EX-Lover Says She Never Loved Him But His Money

ZAMBIAN singing sensation Kayula Bwalya 26 popularly known as Kay Figo has lost a case in which she had sued her former boyfriend of five years John Van 60 for compensation.

The Lusaka Boma Court senior court magistrate Mary Namangala dismissed the claim because the two were never married but merely cohabiting as no dowry was made to the woman’s family to formalize their union.

Customary law, which local courts uses only recognizes marriages where dowry has been made by the man’s family to the woman’s family. As long as no dowry was paid, that marriage is considered as cohabitation.

Such marriages even when children are involved are therefore not compensated except in special instances or at the magistrate’s discretion.

Shortly after leaving the court room where their case was heard in camera, Mr Van said he was happy that justice had prevailed and that his former lover would not ‘reap where she did not sow’.

He said however that although things had unfortunately ended badly between them, he did love her even though she did not love him back.

“Kay Figo was a good woman; it is unfortunately that it turns out that she was more interested in my money and property. Her friends and families have turned her into a woman she is today.

After what I have been through with her, I can never reconcile with her. In fact I have actually moved on with my life,” he said. He is dating another woman, while the diva is in a relationship with a named football star.

The two who met at Fox Nightclub when she was 21 and he was 55 years old had been in a relationship for five years but have cohabited for three years. Mr Van is the proprietor of Loc Pro, a company in Makeni Township.

(Source: Mwebantu New Media)

Posted by on October 4, 2012. Filed under LATEST NEWS, STYLE. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

65 Responses to Kay Figo Loses Cases, EX-Lover Says She Never Loved Him But His Money

1. mplembe

October 5, 2012 at 1:29 pm

@MALESU AND @ NEW CACTH FIGO, THE ISSUE IS NOT WEATHER THEY WERE MARRIED OR NOT, THE QUESTION IS, IS SHE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION AFTER THE END OF THIS AFFAIR? WHAT DID SHE BRING TO THIS MARRIAGE IF AT ALL IT WAS WHICH REQUIRES HER TO GET A HO– USE AND CASH?

2. Hip Hop

October 5, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Bitch get a job if you wanna be rich!!!!! heheheheheheh iyi yeve yaluka!

3. Genaro the Analyst

October 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm

chi futbola suyopa, luk at yo friend he omost lost his company, u ll luz yo ka corolla ka. Run for your life. Analyse ndiwemukulu

4. i made it

October 5, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Leave Kay alone..she didn’t just know how to play the muzungu…she should have consultanted..ine muli 6years with my muzungu I had a baby with him..nangu akankane atleast I will benefit mu Mwana fyonse alembesha mwishina lya Mwana.I will bring up that child who is 4yrs with his money and I’m building mansion ku Livingstone iyo umusungu taishiba nabo and I have a farm in Kabwe..I’m 35 and he is 67..So what if I lick his balls tafilembeka pampumi.

5. ayoba

October 5, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Ati changa baseka uwachelwa so Kay katukuseke. As a fellow woman,all I can advise you is to learn what it means to sweat for your own wealth and by sweating, I do not mean bedroom sweat, I mean books mwana naka job. You think those of us who work and are educated yet have financially capable men are idiots? Be proud as a woman and earn your own way through life. I will not just laugh @ you but also your grandfather you were co-habiting with. The muzungu is also useless coz he knew you were his grand child but balyapo. Atase bane!

6. mupopo

October 5, 2012 at 3:57 pm

kay was just after money how can she surely cohabit with a man 30somethings older than her? Awe sure, ‘n’way we differ.

7. KA GELO

October 5, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Kay Figo Loses Cases, EX-Lover Says She Never Loved Him But His Money. Of course she loved the money, what is there in a 67 year old man to love?
    Ba local court, bushe balimishamo?

8. RAPHA

October 5, 2012 at 4:35 pm

IT happens life gives us an examination after results u get the lesson school gives lessons before examinations…am sure she has learnt something…..personally in life i think you can choose one thing between the options of having alot of money u didnt work for wit a bad name ….or sweat for your money and have a good name of course she had the mzungu for money and mayb along the way loved him but but pipo want to show off so she became a sucker judging from wat the ex granny said.

9. The Terminator

October 5, 2012 at 4:39 pm

@I made it
    I know u well. Yes, u made it, but why shud we leave Kay alone? Iwe at least you were sharp. You had a baby with him. Now ba Kay I just wonder, bushe tabafyala muli 5 years? What I know is that it is rare to see amaule ukukwata abana. So the conclusion is obvious..
    Iwe twakufumyapo you played your cards just right.

10. Kabwata MP

October 5, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I still love u baby girl but i ain’t even got a grand in my account anymore. come back my love.

11. m kasovo

October 6, 2012 at 6:22 am

A we kwe this Golddigger achilamo

12. CHOCKY

October 8, 2012 at 2:22 pm

u gold digger just move ur fuck ass off u even ain`t gat data hw do u surely take someone to court wen u where just cohabiting obviously he left u because of ur appearance ugly.

13. Booty-ly-cious

October 9, 2012 at 11:22 am

Ndiye vuto with these tuma so-calle celebs wanting to show off and reaping where they did not sow…. ati she was asking for a car and house as compasation… work hard and buy yo own… kahule…

14. hahaha

October 9, 2012 at 2:34 pm

work hard mama and you will be able to buy whatever that you needed from your grandpa.

15. Candy

October 10, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Ladies,its high time you started thinking & using your brains instead of vaginas.It doesnt matter how well you play your cards coz the truth is you are sexually screwed.Things acquired through youy own hard work are the best & you can really boast & be proud of but not this nosense of sucking a white grandpapa’s dick!Ouch,so disgusting!!