Nyimba Accident Victims Discharged

THE survivors of  last Wednesday’s Nyimba accident who were admitted at Nyimba District Hospital have all been discharged.

And Police have maintained that 35 people died in the accident which happened at Mchimadzi area West of Nyimba District.

Hospital medical officer, Jonathan Daka confirmed in an interview from Nyimba yesterday that the survivors had been discharged from hospital, describing their condition as being stable.

Dr Daka said all the survivors from the road accident which claimed 35 lives were treated of different injuries sustained and discharged from the hospital.

However, police spokesperson Ndandula Siamana said postmortems had been conducted on most victims who died in the accident.

Ms Siamana said postmortems were conducted in various mortuaries from Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

She  said the driver of the bus who appeared on Friday would also appear tomorrow in the Nyimba magistrate court.

And Ms Siamana maintained that 35 people died in the Nyimba accident.

Last week, MMD chairperson for Communications and Transport Peter Daka visited the accident victims at Nyimba District Hospital.

Mr Daka said Zambia had been robbed of citizens who could have contributed greatly to development of the country.

He said President Banda and the MMD Government were touched by the death of several citizens.