Pearly whites gone pale! One of the most common problems that every dentist comes across. Though we all wish to have pearly white smile, going for crazy expensive treatments definitely burns a hole in our pockets, thank goodness there are some home remedies which are not only easy but very reasonable.
1. Banana peels: Bananas are considered to be a wholesome fruit that houses loads of nutrients. But do you know that banana peels are a great source of teeth whitening as well. So the next time preserve that banana peel to get a pearly white teeth. Rub the peel on your teeth for about a minute or two twice daily. The minerals in bananas such as potassium, manganese and magnesium, are absorbed into your teeth, which keeps your pearly whites in their best health. Orange peels are also considered to be a great source of teeth whiteners.
2. Berry berry strawberry: Did you know that those bright red strawberries are a great source of teeth whiteners? Well, now that you know it, start stocking up fresh strawberries. All you have to do is take one or two strawberries, mash them up and apply them on your teeth for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse properly after this procedure or you can even brush your teeth. Strawberries being a rich source of natural enzyme known as malic acid, helps in whitening teeth, while the fiber found in strawberries act as a natural cleanser that helps in remoivng the bacteria especially, from the mouth and teeth.
3. Munch in the crunchy carrots: The next time you see those crunchy carrots, simply wash them well and eat them raw. Raw carrots are very beneficial in scrapping off plaque from your teeth and are also known as natural cleaner. Also rubbing raw carrot sticks on your teeth will brighten them up. They also kill the bacteria while giving you healthy gums and whiter teeth. Apart from carrots, apples and celery are also considered equally important sources of teeth whiteners. which prevents gum disease and gingivitis and kills odor-causing bacteria
4. Quit smoking: Surely it is easy to say than actually doing it and sticking to it. But, all said and done, quitting smoking has more benefits. Smoking, yellows your teeth along with imparting you with other deadly diseases. So if you want to bring back the pearly white shines, quit smoking.
5. Use a straw: Sipping anything extremely hot or cold is not good for your teeth. So as far as possible try sipping your tea or cold coffee through a straw as it cuts down the direct contact of your teeth and hot beverages.