President Sata Treated by US Doctors in New York

President Sata Treated by US Doctors in New York

sataPolice in New York say Zambian President Michael Sata was treated by State Department doctors in his hotel this week, but was not hospitalized.

No other details on his condition were available.

Sata was in New York for the annual gathering of world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly, where he was scheduled to speak Wednesday.

He did not deliver the address to the 193-member world body.

The 77-year-old president had not been seen in public in almost three months before he attended the opening of Zambian parliament last week.

At the start of his address in Lusaka, Sata jokingly told the legislative body, “I am not dead.”

Concerns about Sata’s health have been mounting in Zambia since he traveled to Israel for medical treatment in June and then withdrew from the public eye.

VOA News

7 Responses to "President Sata Treated by US Doctors in New York"

1. Chief of Grief   September 27, 2014 at 9:33 am

Nalelo bwacha,Ba yawe batufishko!!God spare my cobra,nalomba nemwanawenu nakambi.Awekwena nalibukusa ubwalwa mailo,i just found my self pa bedi bati with no Bi*****tch this time around.Nalelo ndebukusa nafuti nafuti mwebafwaya tukakumane i’ll be pa olympic swimming pool katwishi efyo mwalanjishiba…

• Judge Joe Bidden   September 28, 2014 at 8:23 am

Walipena! Sometimes it’s good ukubuka. These beers I even ate some braai with lots of chillies I didn’t realise nomba pamatako panshumpa mwe! Paletoyatoya I ve been to toilet 3 times like now am pushing! Plus hangover awe mwandi today I will rest

2. african dictator   September 27, 2014 at 11:07 am

3. Greg Kadimba   September 27, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Long live president Sata!,I wish you well and my prayers go to you and peace loving rational Zambians.God will protect us all.

4. janza kumbele   September 28, 2014 at 2:12 am

Amazing,Sata is coming. Ba Tumfweko stop assisting opposition to look foolish.Help opposition up. Mark my words, Sata is NOT sick. He just dupes and fools media and opposition so that he wins sympathetic vote as he did on 19th Sept. So People let us ignore Sata’s sickness gimmick to win sympathetic votes. Recall what happened in New York yesturday that when he told the Kaseba to call him on emmergence 9-1-1 that it is one of his tricks to fool people and win sympathetic votes.

5. Judge Joe Bidden   September 28, 2014 at 8:15 am

I just want the government to announce officially that Sata was attended to by doctors in his room in New York. We discussed this issue for 2 days nonstop all we got from Govt is… It’s all rumors. WTF! How long will they keep hiding truths? This is a states man if he gets sick in foreign land the whole world get to know!

6. mum   September 29, 2014 at 9:50 am

LET HIM LIVE TO SEE THE FINISHING OF HIS PROJECTS. BUT GUYS TUNASHEKO INSELE IN COMMENTS